How To Treat Your Acne Day To Day
Acne affects many people of all ages, the symptoms range in severity, but for the sufferer, what ever their age, the problem can have a real debilitating effect on their self esteem, and confidence.
Here are some tips to help relieve the symptoms of acne.
- Wash the infected areas at least twice a day, use a mild soap, one that doesn’t contain any harsh ingredients or perfumes. Wash to keep the skin clean, but do not scrub hard.
- Shampoo Hair Daily
- Tie back long hair, keeping it away from face and shoulders
- When shaving, take care not to cut or nick raised pimples, to avoid infections change blades regularily
- Try not to use too much makeup on areas that are prone to acne, keep to fragrance free hypoallergenic brands as much as possible.
- Never ever pick or squeeze spots and pimples, this can cause infections and scarring
- Eat foods high in beta-carotene such as carrots, pumpkin, melon, and other yellow/orange coloured fruits and vegetables, avoid fatty foods.
- Eat Foods high in Vitamins A, E, B and Chromium or take vitamin supplements.
- Look for acne treatments that use formulations that include Salcyclic Acid or Benzoyl Peroxide, natural based ingredients including green tea, aloe vera and liquorice are also very effective. You should avoid high strength formulas of the chemical based ingredients, keeping below 5% strength unless advised by your doctor as these can dry the skin.
What Acne Treatment Should I Use
From our research we have evaluated many of the popular acne treatments currently available, from our reviews we have compiled our list of what we feel are the top three acne treatments currently available.
We have based our recommendations on the following criteria
- Users Feedback (good and bad)
- Clinical Trials/Feedback
Check Out Our Top Three Rated Acne Products