How Can I Get Rid Of My Acne Quickly
There are thousands of acne treatments off the counter and prescription remedies, although they are not suitable and/or effective for everyone and some people prefer a more natural approach to clearing their acne. The good news is there are many things you can do to keep your acne under control. Here are 5 excellent tips to keep skin clear and acne at bay;
1. Resist the temptation to keep touching your face. Our hands particularly our fingers pick up hundreds and thousands of bacteria every single day from touching everyday objects and other people’s hands, unless you are constantly washing your hands when you touch your face you are spreading bacteria which will cause breakouts. Try not to touch your face so often and you will see a definite improvement. Same goes for touching spots and squeezing them, leave them well alone.
2. Exercise regularly. Working out is not only healthy for your whole body but it promotes blood circulation and when you perspire, the sweat will then travel to the surface of your skin through the pores and clean them from both dirt and dead skin cells. This is a great way of getting rid of blackheads, this is why people recommend steaming, by leaning over a bowl of hot water with a towel over your head to open the pores to allow the bacteria, dead skin cells and dirt to be expelled.
3. Stop worrying about your acne. The more you worry about your acne the more you will get. When we get stressed or worried, the hypothalamus gland produces and releases stress hormones such as cortisol. This hormone prepares you for a ‘fight or flight’ state of mind. This means your heart rate will quicken, your perception will become sharper and your skin will produce more sebum. And it’s the sebum that clogs the pores and attracts the P.acne bacteria that causes acne.
4. If you wear makeup, try to go for products that are labelled as ‘noncomedogenic’ or ‘oil-free’. This will ensure that the make-up will not clog your pores and cause more spots. Makeup does not actually cause acne as commonly believed but it is important not to sleep in your makeup as the pores need time to breathe and if you do not remove your make up thoroughly every night you will end up with more pimples.
5. Do not smoke. Not only is smoking dangerous for your health it is also responsible for bad skin. It doesn’t just cause pimples but also premature lines and wrinkles, some people also end up with a very dull, sallow complexion. And the constant touching around the area of your mouth with dirty fingers when you smoke may cause acne.
If you are looking to but an acne treatment, but are not sure what one is right for you, we have looked into many acne products, and have evaluated some of the better ones for you to read about.
We have based our findings on:
- clinical testing
- medical testimonials
- customer feedback
have a look at our Top 3 Rated Natural Acne Treatments